The Income Tax calculator provides an indication of a client’s net income after deducting income tax and national insurance from different sources.
Calculations are based upon inputs of the client’s non-savings, savings, dividend and non-taxable income from different sources such as ‘income’ or ‘accumulation’ units or Trust income.
The calculator takes account of;
– Whether client is employed or self-employed for NI purposes.
– the option to overwrite the Personal Allowance.
– Child benefit amounts (if any) shown in the Notes.
– Repayment of Student Loans
– Effective rate of tax relief on pension contributions shown in the Notes.
The calculator will also show the income tax changes introduced by the Scottish government of the structure of (non savings) income tax for taxpayers in Scotland.
Claiming for previous years
As HMRC will allow a reclaim of income tax back to 2017/18 (providing the claim is made by 5th April 2022). The calculator will allow you to select any tax year from 2017/18 to perform these tax calculations.